Special Issue „Surface Finishing and Novelty of Coatings Systems for Modified Wood and Wood-Based Composites” Coatings Website
Special Issue Information
A special issue of Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412) – Impact Factor 2.436.
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2022.
Solid wood and wood-based products are widely used in architecture, structural engineering, and design, but due to their natural composition, the material undergoes deterioration over time, decreasing the properties’ performance, which makes the application of coating products necessary. Currently, the most important challenges are related to obtaining sustainable wood-based products and treatments as well as eco-friendly coating products and processes with the aim to increase the durability of the final products without compromising the product’s environmental performance.
The result is a constant search for treatments and protective products to improve the properties and increase the service life of the final products in addition to increasing the application possibilities. We would like to invite you to disseminate your latest research results by contributing to a Special Issue of the Coatings journal. This Special Issue will report on progress in surface finishing as well as novelty of coatings systems for modified wood and wood-based composites, with special emphasis in biobased products, green additives, or novel application methods.
· Surface finishing of solid wood, wood-based composites, and modified wood products;
This Special Issue will serve as a forum for papers in the following concepts:
· Properties of modified wood-based surface, including weathering studies, resistance to abiotic and biotic factors, measurement of different deterioration parameters;
· Adsorption–desorption phenomena on surfaces of finished solid wood, wood-based composites, and modified wood products;
· Optical techniques, spectroscopical and surface analytical methods;
· Composites and modified wood tailored for different applications.
· Multifunctional coatings, decorative products, and fire-retardant and/or UV-retardant wood coatings;
Special Issue „Drilling Techniques of Solid Wood and Wood-Based Materials”
We look forward to receiving your contributions. Guest Editors
Dr. Agnieszka Jankowska
Dr. Rene Herrera Diaz
Dr. Agnieszka Laskowska
Prof. Dr. Paweł Kozakiewicz
More information on the Coatings Website